Alish tagged me this time, and I hate to admit it, but I actually kind of like these tag things. Not to write them, but to read about others. So you people I'm tagging better do it! For this tag, you're supposed to write 7 things about yourself and then tag 6 people. So here goes:
1. I USED to be a big traveler. I say used to be because how do you go anywhere these days with 3 little attachments. Disneyland and Yellowstone and Grandma Price's house in Burley are about as adventurous as I get with kids. But I have backpacked all over Europe, did a summer term in London and a semester in South Africa. I love the adventure of new places and meeting new people. I even spent a day in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on my way to Africa, which was unexpectedly awesome and I would love to go back to Asia someday. I'm sure I'll be going back to Africa at some point so my husband can help lower the animal population a little bit. He's already been once and loved it. I guess I should have saved that for another thing about me, that we both had been to Africa before we met each other and that was one of the main conversation points when we met.
2. I LOVE to read. I've always been a reader. I would rather read than watch tv, as nerdy as that is. My goal when I was in grade school was to read every book in the library. I still love libraries and book stores and could spend hours in there just flipping through books and imagining how great it would be if I had time to just sit down and read them all, with a bag of treats, of course.
3. I've always kept a journal, ever since I could write. I love to record my experiences and feelings. It's my way to vent. If I can just write something down and get it on paper, I can move on with my life. I'm also keeping journals for my kids, which I actually like even more than writing in my own journal. It's so fun to have somewhere official to record all their little milestones and accomplishments and all the funny/horrible things they say and do. I try to write every Sunday.
4. I hate contention. I am not an arguer or a fighter. Why can't everyone just get along? I wish everyone could try to see things from the other person's point of view and give them the benefit of the doubt, because I am convinced that most of the hurt feelings and offenses in the world are just miscommunications. I'm a pretty simple person that way. Basically, I like you, and if you like me, I like you even more. Let's just be friends.
5. I'm not aggressive. My whole life people have been trying to force me to play basketball because I'm tall, but I just HATE it. If you want the ball that bad, I'll just give it to you. Don't get in my face and be all rar all the time. Just have the stupid thing. I love individual sports like swimming and running (even though I'm not a very good runner) where you can just do your personal best and you don't have to bug anyone else. I do love volleyball, though, and that is a team sport, but it's not all touchy touchy, try to maim everyone all day.
6. I'll admit, if I'm in the car between 1 and 4 pm I listen to Dr. Laura. She's a little out of control but I love her. She just tells it how it is. I wish I could be more like that.
7. I love to cook and try new recipes. Basically I just love food. Junk food, health food, whatever. I love baking and trying new things, and I also love fresh fruit and vegetables. I think I like every fruit in the world, except dates, and those don't even count as a fruit because they're weird. There better be food in heaven, or it won't be heaven and I won't be interested in going there. I draw the line at wild game though. Woof.
Well, now you know more about me than you ever wanted to. Here are the people I am tagging:
1. My family members (all of you who blog, including Julia!)
It actually equals more than 6, but you all still have to do it!